How counselling can help?
At times we can experience life challenges or emotional difficulties that feel overwhelming, unmanageable or confusing. We may feel alone or isolated. These are often the hardest times to reach out for support.
Our work together will help you understand how you relate to yourself and to others, what patterns you have developed that may be unhelpful right now and what you can do differently. By bringing attention to your whole situation you might come to see things from another perspective, or you might find the courage to face painful and difficult realities.
My approach is holistic and practical. I work primarily within Gestalt framework I also draw on a range of psychological methodologies such as Mindfulness, Art therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and trauma work such as EMDR to attune to your uniqueness and specific needs. My central approach is to be authentic and genuine in our work.
Anxiety & Depression
- Low Mood / Sadness
- Low confidence and self-esteem
- Postpartum depression, miscarriages
- Stress, anxiety and panic attacks
- Anger, Shame, Fear
- Relationship difficulties, separation, divorce
- Bereavement, loss
- Work stress, bullying, racism
- Life transitions, isolation
- Sexual identity and diversity
Serious or chronic illness & disordered eating
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Emotional, physical and sexual abuse
- Developmental trauma
- Childhood sexual abuse and neglect
- Single trauma resulting from accidents or medical procedures