Kasia Marzyńska MSc. UKCP Psychotherapist
Originally from Poland, I spent a decade in Italy, finally finding my home in London. As an internationalist, with travels and family around the globe, I had an opportunity to appreciate different cultures as well as experience and understand difficulties related to diversity and identity.
My interest in psychotherapy comes from my own journey where I discovered new ways to relate well to others and to myself. This experience enables me now to work supportively with clients presenting a range of distressing symptoms resulting from unresolved past experiences and impacting on their process of change.
Finally, my lifelong affection for animals taught me a lot about embodied, non-verbal connection and shaped my capacity to attune to clients, respecting their personal experiences.
My extensive experience varies from working for educational institutions, charities, NHS and private practice offering short and long term counselling and psychotherapy to adults suffering from a variety of psychological issues such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, identity, loss, trauma, abuse and PTSD.
I have worked in One in Four, offering one to one counselling to adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and trauma dealing with issues such as anger, shame, fear, sexual identity, relationship problems, eating disorders and addictions.
- EMDR Therapy Training (The EMDR Academy)
- MSc Gestalt Psychotherapy (Middlesex University)
- Clinical Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute)
- Certificate in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (PESI)
- Mindfulness Practitioner Certificate (Mindfulness Association)
- Foundation of Art Therapy (British Association of Art Therapists)
- MA in Project Management and MA in Translation (Italy)